Microfluidic/MEMS R&D engineer for Life Science Technologies
What you will do
We are looking for a microfluidic/MEMS R&D engineer specialized in mechanical, MEMS and microfluidics design and experimentation to develop new microfluidic/MEMS devices.
- Contribute to concept formulations for novel microfluidic/MEMS devices for the given life science application demands.
- Perform multidisciplinary MEMS or microfluidic simulations to evaluate device and system concepts (e.g. micro valves). The simulation can be analytical simulations, finite element modelling or both. Interpret and communicate the simulation data to the project team and facilitate the discussion on the fabrication process flow.
- Based on the simulation results and process flow, perform the device layout design.
- Design device measurement schemes and perform multidisciplinary measurements to test the functionality of microfluidic devices for certain assays.
- Work according to agreed customer timelines and report on progress internally and to customers.
- Manage time effectively according to aggressive project schedules and possibly among multiple projects simultaneously.
- Quickly adapt to new project requirements.
- Work closely with an interdisciplinary team of physicists, engineers and biologists.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer (http://www.imec-int.com/en/careers#diversity) and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree in Engineering (mechanical, electrical, electromechanical), physics, or similar education and solid theoretical understanding of fluidic dynamics or MEMS.
- You have experience with design and testing of MEMS/microfluidics devices.
- You have strong skills in MEMS and fluidic numerical modelling and simulation, such as COMSOL, ANSYS.
- You have experience in MEMS/microfluidic design such as Klayout, Cadence.
- You have experience in performing MEMS and/or fluidic measurements and have skills in data processing.
- Knowledge and experience on MEMS and microfluidic device fabrication are highly desirable.
- Knowledge on software essential for instrumentation and signal processing such as LabVIEW, Python, Matlab is a plus.
- You have experience working in a research or development environment with an interdisciplinary team
- You are a team player.
- You are fluent in English and have good communication skills.