Microfluidic/MEMS R&D engineer for Life Science Technologies
What you will do
We are looking for a microfluidic/MEMS R&D engineer specialized in mechanical, MEMS and microfluidics design and experimentation to develop new microfluidic/MEMS devices.
- Contribute to concept formulations for novel microfluidic/MEMS devices for the given life science application demands.
- Perform multidisciplinary MEMS or microfluidic simulations to evaluate device and system concepts (e.g. micro valves).
- Based on the simulation results, perform the device design.
- Design device measurement schemes and perform multidisciplinary measurements to test the functionality of the microfluidic devices in view of the application specs.
- Work according to agreed customer timelines and report on progress internally and to customers.
- Manage time effectively according to project schedules and possibly among multiple projects simultaneously.
- Quickly adapt to new project requirements.
- Work closely with an interdisciplinary team of physicists, engineers, and biologists.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will define the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer (http://www.imec-int.com/en/careers#diversity) and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. In everything we do, your future colleagues are guided by the imec values of passion, excellence, connectedness and integrity. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree in Engineering (mechanical, electrical, electromechanical), physics, or similar education.
- You have solid theoretical understanding of fluidic dynamics or MEMS
- You have experience with design and testing of MEMS/microfluidics devices.
- You have strong skills in MEMS and fluidic numerical modelling and simulation, such as COMSOL, ANSYS.
- Experience in MEMS/microfluidic design such as Klayout, Cadence is considered a plus
- Experience with software essential for instrumentation and signal processing such as LabVIEW, Python, Matlab is considered a plus.
- You are a team player.
- You are fluent in English and have good communication skills.