Microfluidics Engineer Life
What you will do
We are looking for an engineer with a strong technical
background in the field of microfluidics with knowledge of microfluidic set-ups
and hands-on experience in microfluidic chip testing for life sciences
- Design, execute or support chip testing in the lab
- Develop, modify, operate, and maintain microfluidic or other test set-ups used for performing your experimental work
- Analyse and interpret experimental data using software such as MatLab, ImageJ, Python, etc...
- Based on a good understanding of project or customer requirements, design microfluidic solutions by analytical modelling or finite element simulation and layout editing
- Work according to agreed customer timelines and report on progress internally and to customers
- Manage time effectively according to aggressive project schedules
- Quickly adapt to new project requirements
- Work closely with an interdisciplinary team of engineers and biologists
What we do for you
lWe offer you the opportunity to join one of the
world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in
Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of
a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology
that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal
working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show
responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only
with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate
university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical
and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in
its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a
competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Master’s degree in engineering, chemical engineering, applied physics or other equivalent discipline with at least 2 year experience in microfluidic device testing. Experience in industry or life science applications is a plus.
- It is essential that you have good knowledge in system-level fluidic modeling such as fluidic network modelling.
- It is essential that you have strong analytical skills and can perform data processing using analytical or computational tools.
- You have hands-on experience with laboratory microfluidic setup construction and device testing.
- You are very familiar with laboratory and industrial microfluidics products and existing device solutions.
- Knowledge on physical principles in microfluidics such as fluidic dynamics, thermal conduction, electrostatics, acoustics is a strong asset.
- You have experience with layouting tools such as Cadence, L-edit, Klayout etc.
- Experience with design software such as AutoCAD, Solidworks etc. is a plus.
- Experience with modelling software such as ANSYS, COMSOL, etc. is a plus.
- Experience with cleanroom microfabrication (e.g. silicon fluidics devices) is a strong asset.
- You have experience working in a research or development environment with an interdisciplinary team
- You are a team player.
- You are fluent in English and have excellent communication skills