Microsoft Solution Architect
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for a motivated Microsoft Solution Architect.
As a Microsoft Solution Architect, you will be responsible for defining, budgeting, planning and executing a comprehensive Microsoft capabilities strategy and roadmap that increases productivity across imec in all Microsoft technologies.
You will be working with various stakeholders to understand and define their productivity and collaboration requirements and working with them to leverage platforms such as Office 365, SharePoint Online, Skype for Business and others. A key element of success will be to build and maintain effective stakeholder, peer and partner relationships to drive results and efficiencies.
You will work with functional and technical teams across all aspects of imec engaging and providing thought leadership and mentorship around associated architecture, peripheral technology capabilities, and roadmaps.
Some of your tasks:
- Be the owner for the overall strategy and implementation roadmap of our Microsoft capabilities.
- Design, develop and deploy scalable and secure Microsoft solutions across all technologies.
- Drive and initiate consulting for business process enablement within Microsoft and peripheral technologies (e.g. SharePoint, O365, etc.) in cloud scenarios.
- Lead customer engagements to assist with leveraging Microsoft capabilities to improve their business processes.
- Lead or participate in several small to large-sized projects, in a timely, diligent, and professional manner to accomplish the objectives within prescribed scope and schedule. Mentor peers in proper Microsoft techniques, methods, standards and processes.
- Develop strategic level relationships within industry, stay abreast of industry trends and technology direction through industry certifications and education, technology forums and user groups, and use that knowledge to refine the Microsoft architecture as needed.
- Understand cross-company business needs and recommend approaches in consideration of tactical objectives while continuing to build towards the strategic objectives. This will include supporting prototypes, pilot projects, overseeing end-to-end solution implementations and partnering with business teams.
You obtained a Bachelor’s degree in informatics and have at least 8 years of experience in technology of which minimum 4 years in a Microsoft technical role. You are a demonstrated leader, problem solver and strategic thinker. Thanks to your excellent communication skills, you are able to understand your stakeholders’ needs, to build effective professional relationships and to articulate solutions clearly within the organization.
- Microsoft Office 365 deployment/adoption experience 3+ years.
- Architectural understanding of Microsoft O365 enterprise licensing across all services within and technology platforms supported by O365.
- Experience in assessing, implementing and supporting peripheral solutions that extend Microsoft capabilities.
- Preferred working knowledge of one or more of the below:
- SharePoint/Nintex workflows
- Reporting and Analytics, PowerBI
- .NET Development (ASP.NET, Web Services)
- Industry and application trends
- Solution architecture for on-prem and cloud-based systems using Azure
- Microsoft EMS
Microsoft client/server/infrastructure experience
- Understanding of Active Directory technologies
- Group policy and client management
- Client configuration and troubleshooting
- System Center Experience