Mobile (Android) or Full-stack (Node.js/React) Developer
What you will do
Imec’s application prototyping team (APT, around 25 people) develops application prototypes and platforms that support, demonstrate and deploy imec’s research into the role of IT in society. The team is active in many domains (e.g. innovation management, health, smart cities, manufacturing, …). For example, APT plays an important role in finding out how cities can be improved or made more “smart” through internet-of-things (IoT) technology, or how wearable sensors and machine learning can provide insights in stress and other health issues.
As one of our Application Prototyping Engineers you will join a highly skilled well-balanced team of junior and senior designers and developers, operating from imec’s offices in Ghent and Antwerp. You can choose from which of these two cities you prefer to work, as most of the team communication takes place online. In this role, you will get the opportunity to continuously experiment with new technologies and to work in cross-functional teams and projects in an international environment.
What we do for you
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- To succeed in this role, you ideally already have practical experience mobile of full-stack application development of ca. 5 years in the field. You are comfortable with a number of the following technologies:
- Mobile: Android app development in Java or Kotlin, , iOS app development in Swift or ObjectiveC, React Native
- Web: NodeJS, React, Progressive web-apps, etc.
- Tools: Git
- You are fluent in English and/or Dutch.
- You are used to quickly learn new technologies and are able to translate user requirements to scalable implementations.
- You care about making high-quality user experiences.
- You're a strong team player. You're transparent about progress on tasks, you seek feedback and are an effective collaborator to your colleagues.
- You love to take on challenges and are highly result-driven.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of other programming languages such as Matlab, Python, Ruby, C/C++, Go, Rust, etc.
- Continuous integration tools Jenkins, Bitrise, Travis, etc.
- Micro service architectures (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Machine learning experience.
- VR/AR/3D experience.
- Project management in Scrum/Agile process.