MRAM Device Researcher
What you will do
MRAM has emerged as a leading candidate for next generation memory. Due to its great scalability, rapid access speed, low power consumption and non-volatility, it has already attracted increasingly attention in semiconductor industry. Imec has implemented a very exciting and challenging program developing Spin-Transfer Torque (STT) and Spin-Orbit Torque (SOT) MRAM devices with a leading edge dedicated 300mm/EUV tool set. To further strengthen our device characterization team, we are currently looking for a researcher with fundamental understanding of magnetic and spin transport properties, to perform advanced device characterization and further develop the technology.
This position will be responsible for advanced magnetic-memory device electrical characterization, stack design and performance improvements. The position requires strong knowledge of fundamental physics of spin and magnetic materials. Experience with SOT-MRAM, MTJ devices and/or emerging memory testing and characterization will be greatly appreciated. You will focus on:
- Electrical and magnetic characterization of MRAM devices.
- Based on data analysis and modelling, providing understanding of physical phenomena and dynamics in magnetic Nano-pillar.
- Working closely with integration, etch and thin film teams to optimize stack performance and manufacturability in MRAM cells.
What we do for youWe offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth. We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree or equivalent in the area of microelectronics, electrical engineering, physics, applied physics, material science, or a closely related discipline, and you gained further (>3-5 years) practical experience in magnetic device design or memory characterization in academia or industry.
- You are eager to learn new technologies, new techniques, new skills and can learn in a fast manner.
- Thanks to your great communication skills, you communicate in a clear and effective way. You are persuasive and assertive while keeping a constructive attitude.
- You are a problem solver: you don’t think in problems, but in solutions.
- You are team player: Your colleagues, internal and external partners can rely on you and you actively contribute to achieve common goals.
- Although part of a team, you enjoy having autonomy in your tasks.