Office Manager (FT or 80%) for NERF
What you will do
NERF is located on the Imec nanotechnology campus in Leuven, Belgium. NERF hosts a vibrant community of over 60 scientists and (PhD) students and from over 20 countries integrated within the Imec, VIB and KU Leuven community.
As Office Manager you are responsible for managing administration, budgets, finance, communications and reporting and the overall administrative coordination with the associated institutions (VIB, imec, KUL).
More specifically you will:
- manage 2 direct reports and work closely with both the director and operations team.
- bring projects, instrumental to the success of the institute, to completion.
- manage the objectives of the administrative team and ensure a timely generation of the operations’ and performance reports such as quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, scientific annual retreat, website management, budgeting. etc.)
- ensure the effective hiring of students and staff via regular interaction with NERF Principal Investigators and HR departments at the associated institutions.
- facilitate the reporting between several members within NERF (students, staff, Principal Investigators) and external partners (founding partners, advisory and scientific boards).
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join Neuro-Electronics Research Flanders (NERF, www.nerf.be). We are a Leuven-based neuroscience research institute with a blend of scientific, technical and (pre)clinical research activities that represent a unique space in today’s research environment. Our team is composed by world experts in different fields of neuroscience and together we are looking to make an impact in the understanding how the brain works by applying novel technological developments.
With your talent, passion and expertise, you will become part of a team with a multicultural and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility.
We are aware that your valuable contribution can help making NERF a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Masters’ degree and a minimum of 3 years’ working experience. Ideally you have managed budgets and have had reporting responsibilities, however, this is not mandatory.
- You are eager to work in an international, multi-cultural science and technology environment.
- You are pro-active, open for feedback and detail oriented.
- Your excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills are key.
- You demonstrate the ability to bring projects to completion in a timely manner.
- You have a proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and interface effectively with a variety of technical platforms.
- You are fluent in English to interact with your colleagues and you speak and write Dutch to be able communicate with the Flemish government.