Office Manager/ Management Assistant
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. To guarantee our continued position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for an Office Manager/ Management Assistant.
Imec’s new Nanoelectronics Design Center, located in Kissimmee, FL, is an R&D design center facilitating collaboration between imec’s headquarters, based in Leuven, Belgium, and U.S.-based semiconductor and system companies, universities, and research institutes. It focuses on R&D of high speed electronics and photonics solutions. Initially, this location will be offering IC design research for a broad set of semiconductor-based solutions such as mm-wave imaging, infra-red imaging, LIDAR systems, and a broad range of sensors.
This is an opportunity for an experienced office manager or administrative assistant to join imec. As an organized and detailed professional you will support the day to day operations of the a new imec R&D center. As Office Manager/ Management Assistant, you will be central to the success of our newly created team. You will take the lead for the responsibility of the facility management and day to day administrative support of our growing office. You will also support our local VP including assisting with meeting planning, scheduling, and travel.
- Organizing and maintaining day to day operations of the office including facility oversight and maintenance.
- Assisting the local VP with administrative projects and tasks
- Coordinating vendor services for the location that pertain to the facility such as office supplies, office furniture, and exterior and interior building maintenance.
- Administrative support for accounting and HR functions, such as the processing of invoices, and coordinating new employee documentation.
- Organizing travel arrangements for management and sometimes guest such as team members visiting from other imec locations and candidates travelling for interviews.
- Welcoming and hosting clients and guests, always representing imec’s values.
- Reviewing and approving supply requisitions, and ordering supplies and equipment as needed.
- Suggesting and supporting policies and procedures that improve and support the smooth operation of the office.
- Assist in coordinating events for clients and employees.
- Coordinating deliveries and organizing the mail.
- Taking on new assignments as needed.
- Have a bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Are proficient with Microsoft Office tools including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Are experienced in coordinating travel, including international travel
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Are extremely organized and efficient
- Have experience working across diverse cultures
- Are flexible and can easily work in an environment with shifting prioritiesEnjoy interacting with team members, vendors, clients, and business partners
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join an ambitious organization, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative. In addition this is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. As befits a true world player, we offer you an attractive compensation package including medical, dental and vision, and 401k with employer match to reward your drive and commitment.Interested in more details? Explore our website, www.imec-int.com, and be convinced! *imec USA Nanoelectronics Design Center will ultimately be located along side a world-class fab at NeoCity. You can read more about the NeoCity project here: http://neocityfl.com/