Operations Analysis & Reporting Specialist
What you will do
You will be a member of the Advanced Patterning, Process & Materials (APPM) Unit. This unit is responsible for exploring new opportunities and developing new applications regarding process steps needed to build future microchip technology. These process steps are lithography, dry and wet etching, chemical-mechanical polishing, electro- and thin film deposition, epitaxial growth, ....
You will identify, analyze, and report opportunities to increase the efficiency of our business processes to deliver fast and high-quality R&D projects.
- You identify and implement actions that have a positive impact on the productivity and/or turnaround time of our R&D activities.
- You monitor and report on the succession of previous implemented policies and procedures.
- You propose effective data analysis and visualization methodologies. That way you facilitate data interpretation, identify links and trends, and facilitate reporting, by e.g. automation of output formats, presenting own ideas in way-of-working.
- You are able to understand and manage big data coming out of a R&D semiconductor environment, ...;
- You explore and identify value creation opportunities in work methods and business processes in collaboration with the various stakeholders in the different units.
- You lead or participate in projects that drive operational effectiveness.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a master’s Degree in Electronics Engineering or at least 5 years’ relevant experience in a similar job.
- Overall understanding of semiconductor manufacturing processes is an advantage.
- You have experience with data visualization tools ( PowerBI); time series analysis and knowledge of python with focus on data processing, data cleaning, statistics, and visualization.
- You are familiar with scripting mostly for automation and data pipelines creation/management.
- You are familiar with databases and SQL. Experience with cloud-based solutions is an advantage.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 tools (SharePoint, Power Automate, ...) is a plus.
- You have great analytical skills and can think out-of-the-box.
- You are a problem-solver with a strong focus on efficiency and pragmatism.
- You are customer and result oriented.
- You can present in a convincing way and can communicate at different levels within the organization.
- You can work independently and have a focus on quality for your deliverables.
- You appreciate new challenges, can handle confidential information.
- Given the international character of imec, good knowledge of (spoken and written) English is a must.