Operations & Project Manager Fab Engineering
Fab Engineering Department (FABENG)
Our Fab Engineering team is responsible for various pilot production tools and devices, often first versions, sometimes even prototypes. Our equipment and process engineers intensively collaborate with process engineers and equipment manufacturers to identify, execute and evaluate improvement opportunities on our unique pilot production tools. These highly motivated engineers identify preventative actions and assure the correct maintenance and repair of the equipment is guaranteed in the most efficient and cost-effective manner. Our process engineers maintain the processes and develop e.g. backup processes or perform process optimizations.
What you will do
As Operations & Project Manager of our Fab Engineering department (FABENG), you will be responsible for driving and improving daily operations and logistics and you will be owner of the associated business processes. In addition, you will initiate and drive FABENG-wide projects and act as a FABENG representative in imec-wide projects. You will handle/manage critical Fab events/incidents.
- With your expertise and experience, you support or lead critical Fab events/incidents, both planned and unplanned, to make sure operational impact is mitigated. You guarantee proper communication & collaboration within Fab and with neighboring departments, i.e. operations, but also e.g. warehouse, facilities and EHS.
- You manage the daily operations from an engineering perspective, i.e. close collaboration with the area coordinators, operations WIP leads/area leads, supply-chain/warehouse, and facilities. The goal is to improve our quality and cycle-time from a tactical perspective. Supporting FAB(ENG) management in the tactical daily logistics, i.e. improving parts delivery logistics
- You initiate, drive and support FABENG-wide systemic improvement projects. You act as a Fab Engineering representative in various, fab-wide or even imec-wide, improvement projects. This includes e.g. Fab-wide logistics projects, quality or performance improvement projects.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
Education, Experience and Technical Competencies
- Master degree or equivalent in the area electromechanical engineering, automation, electronics or a closely related discipline.
- Min. 5 years of experience with operations management and improvements within a production environment.
- Sound experience in machine / operations maintenance, problem solving and project management.
- Affinity with infrastructure and facilities in an industrial, preferably semiconductor, environment.
- Strong safety and health awareness. You are familiar with e.g. last-minute-risk assessment methodology.
Leadership and Personal Competencies
- Inspirational people manager: You inspire trust and confidence, you empower team members and are enthusiast to take up challenges and reach ambitious objectives with the whole FABENG-team.
- Communication superstar with an agile mindset: You enjoy sharing knowledge and technical information with comfort and clarity. You are able to build bridges between different departments (Equipment Engineering, Process Engineering, EHS, operations) and are able to lead and coach people from a non-hierarchical position. You easily switch from a hands-on and tactical level to a strategic level.
- Process & quality driven problem solver: You manages multiple priorities with a proactive “can do” attitude. Thanks to being result-oriented and having a good sense of urgency, you are able to drive projects to closure and to manage many simultaneous small projects/improvement tracks in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical thinker: You quickly detect and define problems. You are able to set-up coherent action plans and coach problem solving.