Operations, Test and Calibration Engineer
What you will do
Within imec’s Systems & Solutions, LifeSciences and Sense & Actuate departments, we focus on the development of novel technologies for industrial and medical systems, built on top of imec technology differentiators. Current projects vary from lens free holographic imaging, hyperspectral imaging and other computational imaging systems that are tuned to specific customer requirements. Such technologies require a multidisciplinary approach within a team that has expertise in software, electronics, optics, and a drive to get things done.
To support the growth of these activities, we are looking for a motivated test and calibration engineer with a strong interest in quality control, software scripting and data analysis. You will work in the operations team which brings cutting-edge technology to the market. The imaging systems include different components, such as camera boards, imaging sensors, optical filters and a lens. These components often require accurate characterization and both component-level and system-level testing to ensure high quality of the end-products. You will create applications for the operators, implement quantitative quality checks throughout the entire production process and generate quality reports at each stage.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Owning and streamlining/maintaining the operational test and characterization flow.
- Integrating the acquisition, data analysis and quality reporting software into one user-friendly, reliable, and version-controlled application.
- Documenting the operational procedures and hardware setups.
- Implementing component and system level quality checks with quantitative pass/fail criteria.
- Generating well-structured quality reports and batch reports.
- Guaranteeing the quality of the operational processes by versioning both software and hardware.
- Testing and releasing of new software and hardware versions.
- Performing statistics on the quality to further improve the acceptance criteria at the different stages of the operational process.
- Collaborate with specialists from our cross-disciplinary design, systems, SW and R&D teams.
- Train the operator(s) and gather feedback.
- Spot improvement opportunities and implement these in the day-to-day operations
- Work with our hyperspectral camera systems to gain insights and feeling of the quality and performance
- Keep track of and formulate improvement ideas
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer (http://www.imec-int.com/en/careers#diversity) and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics or equivalent through experience.
- Experienced in multi-component systems testing and working with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong scripting skills, fluent in MATLAB and/or python. Data visualization and analysis expertise is a must.
- Passionate about quality. Motivated to create, implement, and enforce procedures.
- A team player with excellent communication skills and fluent in English.
- Manage time effectively according to aggressive operations schedules.
- Well organized and a good planner.
Nice to have
- Strong interest in and affinity with imaging
- Experience with vision systems
- Experience with testing of optical systems