Engineer: Silicon Photonics Passives Modeling and Photomask Design
What you will do
- As a valued member of Silicon Photonics Path Finding Team, you’ll collaborate with world class Engineers to conceptualize and provide modeling analysis of novel Si photonics passive light coupling concepts
- You will design innovative coupling structures including beam shaping, die to package, and die to die coupling solutions
- Your job will be to apply your expertise in IPKISS, Klayout, or Cadence Photonics design software to implement your designs as DOE’s, and generate Photomask sets to enable wafer scale fabrication and assembly of unique micro-optical components and verify modeling assumptions.
- You will carry out this work in collaboration with material suppliers, vendors of optical fiber connectors, advanced semiconductor packaging/assembly tool vendors, as well as OSATs.
- You’re willing to learn about device testing necessary to drive the evaluation, qualification, and optimization of optical components designed by you and your
- Teammates (optical/mechanical/reliability). Your interactions with imec integrators, test & reliability engineers will provide valuable opportunities for your professional growth in this area.
- You’re comfortable with presenting results to the larger team, and understand the value of maintaining good Communication with your peers and external stakeholders including imec’s partners and customers
- You’re inquisitive and stay current with the state of the art within your competence domain. You’re also confident, and comfortable with brainstorming and participating in collaborations across teams to drive the creation of intellectual property for imec.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- Obtained a Ph.D. of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Material Science Applied Physics (or equivalent experience through industry background)
- 4+ years hands-on experience in modeling Si Photonics Passive components, and Fiber-coupled devices using optical system modeling software, such as Synopsys (RSoft, Code V), Lumerical, Zemax, OSLO
- 2+ years hands-on experience with Photomask Design software, such as Klayout, IPKISS, etc., also Python coding experience
- Fluent in CMOS BEOL wafer-scale processing and flip chip assembly (CoW, WLP, ...) Packaging concepts.
- Broader experience with active Silicon Photonics concepts is a plus
- An enthusiastic team player, yet able to independently solve complex problems with limited supervision.
- Excellent English communication skills and willing to work in a multicultural environment..