Research & development - Leuven | Just now
Future high-performance computing and information systems are expected to require chip-level I/O bandwidths beyond 30Tbps, with an available energy budget of less than 500fJ per communicated bit. Such aggressive I/O requirements both in terms of density and power efficiency is driving the adoption of optical interconnects integrated at the chip level. At imec, a large variety of innovative silicon photonic devices and components are designed and processed. A key challenge is to characterize those components, analyze their behavior and verify that they meet the required specifications. Device and component testing are required both during processing (inside the clean room environment), and at the end of the processing cycle. Your job will be to develop measurement and data acquisition techniques, perform optical and electrical testing on integrated silicon photonic components, analyze and report the results. You will be working on measurement equipment both in the clean room and in laboratories.
More specifically you will focus on:
- Development and execution of novel characterization techniques for hybrid integrated optical components
- Development and execution of parallel testing routines to accelerate testing throughput
- Analyze measurement results to benchmark your testing methodology and guarantee the quality of measurement setups and routines
- Report measurement data to internal and external customers
- Propose and implement upgrades and enhancements of testing equipment to improve test capabilities
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
- You have obtained a Master’s or Ph.D. degree in microelectronics engineering.
- Experience with optical and/or electrical test techniques in a laboratory environment is required.
- Experience with nano-photonics and/or semiconductor design or manufacturing is an asset.
- You are a communicative team player, still you are able to work independently.
- You have the flexibility to change between different projects according to changing priorities.
- Given the international character of imec, good knowledge of English is a must.