Patent Portfolio Manager/Patent Attorney
What you will do
Working for imec is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious Patent Portfolio Manager who wants to join an expanding and IP-conscious global leading research organization, allowing further professional growth and development.
In this role, you will build a strategic and relevant patent portfolio in support of imec’s smart electronics and applications unit.
To do so, you will collaborate closely with imec’s management and with the researchers in these fields. Within time, you are expected to advice and contribute to imec’s R&D and valorization activities, based on patent intelligence studies. You will enjoy considerable autonomy in the drafting, filing, and prosecution of patent applications in several worldwide jurisdictions.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. In this role, you will join an enthusiastic, hands-on team of European/Belgian patent attorneys, patent attorney trainees, patent information & formality officers. In the past years imec was in the top three of Belgian applicants of European patent applications.
With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of the imec team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- We are looking for a candidate with Master’s or PhD degree in Engineering, preferably related to software and with a genuine passion for a variety of technologies and innovation.
- A good knowledge of IP and patents and/or a Patent Attorney qualification is considered as a strong plus.
- We offer an extensive training in line with your level of knowledge and experience to become a qualified European patent attorney. This training program may last several years and contains both on-the-job training and classroom trainings, in- and/or outside Belgium. This training program aims at providing you a profound understanding of intellectual property rights.
- You will get the chance to grow in the job and be able to identify imec’s need for patent counseling in different business groups.
- We look for a good listener and fast learner, who can take accurate decisions.
- To be successful you should have the skills to liaise in a constructive and efficient way with colleagues, researchers and managers.
- We look for a colleague who can cope with a high work pace, handle deadlines and plan work efficiently.
- Since we are a multicultural and international organization, we welcome colleagues who have very good English language skills, both orally and written. Willingness to gain at least a passive understanding of Dutch would be appreciated.