Photonic IC Tape Out Support Engineer
What you will do
Our Emerging Business Opportunities Program is looking for a suitably qualified candidate to join an established team supporting a silicon photonics Multi-Project Wafer (MPW) service. Photonic integrated circuits fabricated in silicon are finding widespread applications in data communications, quantum computing and LIDAR. In order to reduce the barrier to access to this technology, imec offers an MPW service in which many different customer’s designs are merged onto the same mask, thus sharing both mask costs and wafer processing costs.
In this job you will work with an established team to help customers with the support needed to ensure successful fabrication of their designs. Due to the rapid adoption of photonic integrated circuit technology, a significant component of this job will also be to scale the business offering and aid its transition into a viable self-supporting business.
In this job your responsibilities will include:
- Use of software tools (Caliber) to perform Design Rule Checks (DRCs) on customers submitted designs
- Preparation of merged masks for fabrication
- Interaction with imec R&D teams responsible for the fabrication
- Communication with customers on technical and business issues
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You are an electronic or optical engineer
- You have a strong technical background and an interest in growing high-tech businesses
- You are pro-active and customer focused, like to take initiatives and you are very motivated to work within a team
- You have good communication skills and a good knowledge of English