Photonics Design Engineer for Optical Communications
Is it you we're looking for?
Are you a highly motivated
researcher who is experienced at developing optical transceivers and working in
an R&D environment? Do you aim to work in a diverse research environment
amongst some of the top researchers in the world? Are you an excellent
communicator who thrives on a multi-disciplinary team? If so, keep reading.
Imec is expanding its R&D activities into the field of optical
communications. Using imec’s state-of-the-art 200mm and 300mm silicon
technology platform, we point our ambition on new breakthroughs in optical
transceivers and ultrahigh-speed modulators. Currently we are looking for a Photonics Design
Engineer for Optical Communications.
Here's what you'll do:
- Take responsibility for the functional and architectural design and lab
measurement of photonic integrated circuits.
- Design state of the art active and passive photonic components for
optical transceivers using industrial standard tools, e.g. Lumerical, Ledit,
Luceda, Matlab. (e.g. MMIs, grating couplers, ring resonators, modulators,
- Characterization of photonic building blocks, circuits, and systems.
- Preparing the layout of the photonic integrated circuit components and
- Improving and optimizing the existing design methodologies and
- Contributing to funded and bilateral projects through their definition
and their execution, depending on level of experience and expertise.
- Reporting to colleagues and clients.
- Publishing in international journals and contributing to major
- PhD degree in Photonics, Electronics or Physics Engineering or
- Experience in developing optical transceivers
(e.g. optical module, system integration, packaging, test, etc.).
- Experience in coherent transmission systems,
signal integrity, photonic integration, and/or DSP.
- Experience with industry standard design tools (e.g. Lumerical, Ledit,
Luceda, Synposis, Cadence, etc)
- Experience in programming
- Experience with foundry tapeout
- Experience in electronics design/RF design/IC design
- Experience in publishing on integrated photonics
- Demonstrate good communication skills for interfacing with internal and
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, while being part of a
- Are pragmatic and hands on, with a can-do attitude
working in R&D environments
It is the policy of imec to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, age, disability, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline and termination. Reasonable accommodations of disability and religion are available for qualified individuals, upon request, provided that such accommodation does not present an undue hardship to imec.