Process Integration Engineer
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for a motivated Process Integration Engineer.
As a Process Integration Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- defining and coordinating the integration and quality of the Si photonics platform. You will ensure that the existing modules under your ownership are maintained with well characterized processes, metrology, electrical test and optical test follow up.
- defining the process splits together with the device design, characterization and process development engineers, as well as for the implementation of these splits into process flows.
- defining and carrying out development plans, including design of experiment, risk mitigation and evaluation as well as guarding and improving the process quality.
- streamlining project execution by interacting with process engineers, process assistants, test and reliability engineers as well as with customers.
- reporting results to internal stakeholders, including peers across team/group/unit and to the external stakeholders including imec customers.
- staying on top of the state of the art within your competence domain and benchmarking imec’s solutions.
We value your Master or PhD degree, preferably combined with industrial experience with a focus on semiconductor process technology and devices physics. Your experience of at least 2 years in semiconductor processing or integration is an asset as well as your experience in electro-optic device characterization and DOE and statistical analysis. We look forward to you being an enthusiastic team player who is also able to independently solve complex problems and this in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment. Your talent to plan, drive and complete complex, multi-disciplinary projects in a timely and qualitative way is highly appreciated. Your excellent English communication skills and adaptability to work in a multicultural environment are essential.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imecAcademy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits. Interested in more details? Explore our website (www.imec.be) and be convinced!