Physical Design Automation & Verification Engineer
What you will do
You will understand the design flow, create scripts and test design methodologies. You do this to support imec tape-out activities across various R&D fields including advanced logic, memory, 3D and Photonics.
Therefore, you will:
- be working in the physical design, design verification, design automation, PDK and data preparation team. Your focus will be on physical design automation and verification to support imec design-to-tape-out business process.
- work in physical verification area with experience in Layout Versus Schematic (LVS), Design Rule (DR) and Design Rule Check (DRC) with CAD tools such as Mentor Calibre, Synopsys ICV etc.
- review and improve the imec physical verification system. You do this together with other team members.
work on design automation to analyze, test and build design methodologies (e.g. PCELL generation in collaboration with physical designers using SKILL code). You use strong scripting skills to debug the design automation flow.
What we do for you
- We are pleased to offer you the opportunity to join our multicultural and high-tech company in Leuven, Belgium. In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you can get a challenging job in an environment were even more challenges are for the taking. We are proud of our flexible, progressive and informal working environment with a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We can provide you an opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions.
- Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in your further development to assure your technical and personal growth.
- We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits. If needed, we also provide international relocation support for you and your family.
Who you are
- We value your industry experience in physical design, design verification and design automation.
- We look forward to your software development skills using programming languages such as. Java, C++, Lisp, SKILL
- We appreciate your experience with UNIX/Linux environments and scripting languages e.g. PERL or TCL
- We treasure your knowledge of CMOS VLSI Design concepts, flows and EDA tools.
- We would like you to be a proactive and independent worker.
- We look forward to your experience in leading projects. We hope that your passion for research drives you to successfully finishing these projects.
- We would like you to be a good team worker with strong English communication skills.