Physical Design Specialist
What you will do
We are looking for an experienced engineer
in custom physical design layout and verification. As a Physical Design Engineer,
you understand the physical layout design flow, create scripts, and test design
methodologies to support imec’ s tape-out activities across various R&D
fields including advanced Logic, Memory design, 3D designs, and Quantum
- You will be working in design and PDK team with a focus on custom
design layout and verification to support imec design-to-tapeout business
- You will work in test chip layout design and verification with
experience in Cadence virtuoso, LVS, Design rule (DR), and Design rule
check (DRC) with CAD tools such as Mentor Calibre, Synopsys ICV etc.
You will review imec’s physical verification system and work to improve this
together with other team members.
- You will work on design automation to interpret, test and build
design methodologies (e.g. PCELL generation in collaboration with physical
designers using SKILL code) using a strong scripting skill to debug design
- You will support imec tape-out activity by providing scripting
skills (e.g. SKILL based codes for PCELL generation)
- You will support the PDK development by contributing to DRC, LVS
and PEX decks
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment
with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. In
everything we do, your future colleagues are guided by the imec values of
passion, excellence, connectedness and integrity. We commit to supporting and
guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible
actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest
in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field.
Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market
appropriate salary with many fringe benefits such as bike allowances, partner
coaching, parental leave
Who you are
- We are looking for a candidate with a relevant industry experience in custom physical design layout, design verification, and design automation.
- We value your proactivity and unsupervised way of working.
- You have a great deal of experience in collaborative projects and your passion for problem solving drives you to successfully finishing them.
- We need your strong team working and English communication skills
- Custom layout experience in Cadence virtuoso is needed
- It is advantages to have experience with software development/programming in languages e.g. SKILL, Python
- You have worked with UNIX/Linux environments and scripting languages e.g. PERL or TCL
- You may know CMOS VLSI Design concepts, flows, and EDA tools.