Expert Physical Modeling
What you will do
- You actively participate in the scientific activities of the funded projects of Electronic Assembly (EA) group and in the Design-for-eXcellence tool development.
- You develop physical (analytical) models of technological, design, manufacturing, reliability, etc. aspects of electronic assemblies.
- You use Finite Element Modeling techniques as virtual experiment and benchmark for your models.
- Together with the team your models and insights are embedded in Design-for-eXcellence tools and guidelines that will be applied by our industrial partners and customers.
- You will present the EA and cEDM activities at work meetings, seminars, conferences and in publications to a mainly industrial audience.
- You may become task-, workpackage-, project leader of our funded projects based on expertise and competence.
What we do for you
The imec.link unit of imec supports companies and academia worldwide with electronics design and manufacturing services spanning the complete value chain from IC design and manufacturing to electronic assembly design, manufacturing and system integration to application development and user experience. The Electronic Assembly (EA) group supports industry and academia with the development of Printed Board Assemblies through its Center of Electronics Design and Manufacturing network and activities (www.cedm.be). EA also supports imec research and start-ups in domains like life sciences and healthcare, imagers, smart (energy) systems, flexible electronics, etc., with modeling and reliability R&D, prototyping and industrialization.In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree in Engineering, Physics or Mathematics (or equivalent by experience).
- You have a passion to grasp reality with pragmatic, insightful analytical models that go beyond solving a set of differential equations numerically.
- You have knowledge of modeling of mechanical structures (elasticity theory, beam theory, plasticity/creep) and affinity with multiphysics modeling (analytical, FEM) of materials, processes, structures and/or failure mechanisms (reliability). Experience is an asset.
- You have excellent mathematical skills (calculus) and are ingenious in selecting those approximations that allow to create analytical solutions with sufficient accuracy for the intended purpose.
- You prefer multidisciplinary over specialism. You are a conceptual thinker capable of realizing pragmatic industrially viable solutions.
You are fluent in English, written and oral. Proficiency in Dutch is an asset.