Pilot Line Engineer Epitaxy
What you will do
You will be a member of the team responsible for the Deposition and Diffusion, Epitaxial growth specifically, in both 200mm and 300mm cleanrooms.
This role in the FAB Engineering department, reports to the Team Leader of the Deposition and Diffusion - Epitaxy team.
The Pilot Line Engineer:
- Is responsible for process & tool qualification, stability, improvements and problem prevention.
- Troubleshoots issues related to the processing and enables first and second line trouble shooters to step up.
- Investigates reoccurring issues, focusing on root cause analysis and structural solutions.
- Keeps focus on quality and reproducibility, monitoring stability and taking actions in case of process fluctuations.
- Designs experimental plans and executes them in the cleanroom, performing data analysis and taking care of reporting and documentation.
- Works in a dynamic multidisciplinary and multicultural environment in close cooperation with researchers, hardware engineers, operations, industry assignees, device and process experts.
- Works in a two-shifts system (Early/Late) including 1weekend (Sa/Su) out of 3.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. In everything we do, your future colleagues are guided by the imec values of passion, excellence, connectedness, and integrity. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process, not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You obtained a Master in Science or in Engineering or equal this diploma by experience and you display strong engineering skills and mindset.
- A process & quality driven problem solver: you manage multiple priorities in a flexible manner in a continuously changing environment with a proactive “can do” attitude.
- You take ownership and you enjoy completing your tasks autonomously.
- As you will work in cross functional teams, strong communication and reporting skills are required.
- You are a flexible team player, and you enjoy working in environments where experiences and knowledge are shared with colleagues.
- Given the international character of imec, fluency in English is a must.