You will join PlanOpSim’s development team with a primary focus on implementing and improving Planopsim’s software for numerical design of optical components and systems. In the front-end, you will program a user-friendly web-application for the design of optical components. In the back-end, you will optimize the implementation of physical and mathematical recipes as well as test alternative recipes for improved computation performance. Additionally, you will provide instructions, training and advice to your colleagues and sporadically to users and distributors.
Your standard tasks will include:
• Analyzing and implementing computational algorithms in an efficient program
• Designing a graphical user interface for this program
• Documenting your code in a clear and structured format
• Developing interfaces between Planopsim’s software and third-party software
• Optimizing your code for high computation speed and accuracy Depending on your interest, tasks in technical consulting and business development can also be taken up.
Occasional travel to project meetings and distribution partners may be required.
Planopsim is a start-up that develops numerical modelling software for the nano-photonics industry. Planopsim’s software will be used for the design of nanostructured photonic components in the fields of telecom, VR/AR devices, holography and metrology by R&D departments and research centers across the globe. Planopsim is located in Ghent, Belgium, in the heart of a thriving region for photonics technology.
The ideal candidate would have:
• A Master’s degree (M.Sc., Industrial or Civil Engineer) in Computer Science, Physics or equivalent through experience
• Worked with version control and issue tracking systems: preferably Git and Jira respectively
• Prior knowledge and experience with optical technology is an advantage
• Fluent proficiency in English, speaking Dutch is a plus
• A self-starting personality, who takes initiative and enjoys working in a rapidly changing environment
What we offer
You will receive a competitive salary. By joining Planopsim you will be working at the cutting edge of technology with many opportunities for personal and professional growth. Your work will have a strong impact on the company.
So if you're enthusiastic, send in your résumé and application letter
Job posted on 29/04/2019
Location office: Ghent / Melle