Portfolio Manager -Health
Drive imec’s offering for a portfolio of technologies
in the life science, medtech or wearable/digital health markets.
What you will do
In this job, you will be responsible to define and help realize imec’s strategy towards maximum impact for a portfolio of technologies and solutions in the Health domain. In the coming years the Health portfolio will extend in areas like (medical) implants, ingestibles (eg. Sensor pills), neurostimulation and potentially some other applications. This spans the journey from market analysis, over requirement and roadmap definition, business plan creation to contributing to its execution. Your main responsibilities will be to:
Shape imec’s offering strategy for your portfolio, driving research investments and solution roadmaps from market needs in life science, medtech and wearable/digital health applications, in close collaboration with imec’s management, technology teams and your colleagues in the business development and field teams:
- Identify, assess, and synthesize market trends and gaps relevant towards imec’s Health roadmap and offering definition.
- Articulate USPs of imec technologies from an application perspective and how they fit in potential customers’ value chains.
- Analyze competitive and intellectual property landscapes.
- Assess financial impact and potential of proposed investments to support go/no-go decisions and prioritization.
- Define business models and collaboration approaches bridging imec’s offering to the needs and capabilities of the customers. This may involve building partnerships with 3rd parties or spin-offs to turn imec’s technologies or solutions in actual products.
- Validate the above and empathize with imec partners’ needs through effective Voice-of-Customer insight collection.
Act as business lead for ongoing investments towards new assets in the portfolio:
- Develop, monitor and update the strategic vision and business case behind the investment decision.
- Derive high-level specifications and plans coherent with the stated product-market fit and market timing.
- Monitor execution and market risks and help manage potential barriers such as clinical trials and regulatory approvals.
- Sign off investment milestones and requests for specification changes in view of the (updated) business case.
- Set release-to-market conditions and lead hand-over towards field and business development teams.
Support the commercial phase for collaborations within the portfolio:
- Support field teams in customer discovery and strategy alignment efforts (incl. make-a-thons, brainstorming, workshops etc.).
- Support business development teams towards the execution of the portfolio business plan (and to analyze deviations).
- Evangelize the portfolio in relevant industry conferences, congresses, or customer meetings.
- Make portfolio offering and business case adjustments based on market feedback.
What we do for you
offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers
in nanotechnology at its location in Eindhoven, The Netherlands. With your
talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the
impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine
the society of tomorrow.
are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with
ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to
supporting and guiding you in this process, not only with words but also with
tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively
invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes
imec a top player in its field. Imec The Netherlands, as an employer of choice, offers
you an attractive compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer
paid pension plan and flexible working hours. Furthermore, imec-NL offers a
wide range of training possibilities.
Who you are
- You hold a scientific degree (engineering, biomedical or clinical) & and have a solid business background.
- You have at least 10 years experience in a product marketing, strategy setting, business development or similar role in a high-tech environment and have a deep understanding of at least one key market segment relevant to imec’s health offering.
- You are familiar with applications like (medical) implants, ingestibles (eg. Sensor pills), neurostimulation.
- You are multi-disciplinary, highly collaborative, passionate about technology and have entrepreneurial drive to get them adopted.
- You are familiar with business analytics, financial tools and innovation management best practices for product marketing.
- You are an analytical, strategic and inspirational multi-tasker yet decisive and able to set priorities when the facts are in.
- You are comfortable doing technical deep dives together with the technical teams or to refine market needs.
- You have excellent communication skills (English) and ability to influence stakeholders (internal and external).
Are you interested in this position and do you want to
learn more about it, then you can talk to Frank Wolfs, Talent Acquisition Lead imec
NL. You can reach Frank via +31(0)6-50837563. If you wish to apply then please
submit your full resume and a motivational letter.
Click on ‘apply’ to submit your application. You will
then be redirected to e-recruiting.