Post Doctoral Researcher: Study of Highly scaled IGZO transistors logic and memory applications
What you will do
Amorphous metal oxide semiconductor like Indium-Gallium-Zinc-Oxide (InGaZnO) is the most commonly used oxide material in liquid crystal display (LCDs) and organic light-emitting diode display (OLED) manufacturing. This thanks to their field-effect mobility >10 cm2/V·s, good uniformity over large glass substrates sizes, low temperature process and relatively good bias-thermal stress stability. Besides driving innovative thin-film transistors for display applications, InGaZnO is also seen as a premium material to help the semiconductor industry to further improve system scaling. An example is placing the transistors in the Back-End-Of-Line of a chip rather than in the periphery. Last but not least, because of their extremely low leakage current and relatively good carrier mobility, oxide semiconductor (IGZO) can make nonvolatile memories more power efficient while maintaining the data writing and reading at very high speed. Integration of such material in DRAM cell architecture creates the possibility of 3D DRAM integration, which helps to continue the DRAM scaling road map.
In this job, you will actively contribute to the development of this material within Logic/Memory Device team. Through in-depth hardware characterization, you will:
- Guide our integration experts to realize an ultra-scaled (Lg< 20nm) demonstrator with metal oxide material as a channel material.
- Fix issues and improve electrical performance of the IGZO-based MOS transistors.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Semiconductor device Physics, Material Science or related fields.
- We value your background in electrical engineering. Good knowledge of device physics, technology and lab/fab process is recommended.
- The ideal candidate has experience in innovative thin-film transistors combined with deep device physics understanding of amorphous semiconductors. Experience in device design using Cadence or Klayout will be a plus.
- We are looking for a communicative team player, who can still work independently.
- You like taking initiative; you are persuasive and assertive, while keeping a constructive attitude.
- We appreciate your flexibility to change between different projects according to changing priorities.
- Given the international character of imec, a fluent knowledge of English is necessary.
This postdoctoral position is funded by imec through KU Leuven. Because of the specific financing statute which targets international mobility for postdocs, only candidates who did not stay or work/study in Belgium for more than 24 months in the past 3 years can be considered for the position (short stays such as holiday, participation in conferences, etc. are not taken into account).