Postdoctoral Researcher Performance and Reliability of GaN-IC’s
What you will do
While today’s GaN power devices are offered as discrete off-the-shelf components for various voltage and current ranges, the full potential of the technology is not exploited. Reason for this is that the devices are not customized to the application and the use of discrete components introduces interconnection parasitics that prohibits the switching at highest commutation speed. Especially the transient signals at the gate are a real concern.
GaN power devices being lateral HEMTs and lateral Schottky diodes, offer an opportunity for co-integration, e.g. on an SOI substrate, of the power switching HEMts, clamping and free-wheeling diodes, temperature sensors and GaN driver stages.
However, the co-integration also introduces specific concerns for the reliability and performance of the devices. This because compromises must be made for the selection of the common polarization layer, passivation dielectrics and intermetal dielectrics below the field plates.
This post-doc study will address the performance and reliability issues related to co-integration of diodes and HEMT devices.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree in electronics or electrical engineering or equivalent.
- We are looking for your basic knowledge in electrical characterization (semiconductor parameter analyser, capacitance measurements, pulsed IV, ....) of electronic components, preferably in the field of GaN power electronics.
- We value your understanding of reliability measurement and analysis techniques on electronic components, preferably in the field of GaN power electronics.
- We appreciate your understanding of TCAD and basic principles of physical analysis such as SIMS, AFM and TEM.
We need your excellent technical writing and presentation skills.
- Given the multicultural team you will work in, good knowledge of English is a must.
This postdoctoral position is funded by imec through KU Leuven. Because of the specific financing statute which targets international mobility for postdocs, only candidates who did not stay or work/study in Belgium for more than 24
months in the past 3 years can be considered for the position (short stays such as holiday, participation in conferences, etc. are not taken into account).