Postdoc Spin Logic Benchmarking
What you will do
As a member of the Exploratory Device team you enable novel device concepts for beyond-CMOS logic applications.
You will work closely with our engineers and researchers to evaluate and benchmark spintronic majority gate devices and potentially circuits.
Your main responsibilities are
- Micromagnetics simulation for device design and modeling of experimental data, including:
- Spintronic logic device design and modeling
- Conceiving and improving majority gate device design
- Circuit design and synthesis with majority gate devices
- Guiding and supervising Master and PhD students
What we do for you
- We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
- We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your technical and personal growth.
- We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits. If needed, we also provide international relocation support for you and your family.
Who you are
- We see your Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics, and your industrial or postdoc experience as key to be successful in this exciting role.
- We really need your knowledge/experience with simulation tools such as OOMMF (Object Oriented MicroMagnetic Framework) and/or MuMax (general purpose micromagnetic simulation).
- We see your knowledge in logic synthesis, spice/spectre and previous work on any spin-based technology as a plus.
- We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague who can work both, independent and in team.
- We appreciate your excellent English communication skills and agility to work in a multicultural environment.
This postdoctoral position is funded by imec through KU Leuven. Because of the specific financing statute which targets international mobility for postdocs, only candidates who did not stay or work/study in Belgium for more than 24 months in the past 3 years can be considered for the position (short stays such as holiday, participation in conferences, etc. are not taken into account).