Postdoctoral researcher in superconducting quantum computing devices
What you will do
- Modeling and simulation of superconducting quantum devices.
- Generate and validate disruptive ideas, that contribute to our innovative portfolio of technological solutions
- Innovative thinking on different novel qubit designs
- Improve the design of novel superconducting qubits by understanding and modeling at the device physics level
- Investigate the feasibility of voltage-biased and flux based superconducting coherent quantum memories and perform benchmarking and technological
- Theory and modeling of decoherence in Josephson junction based quantum bits and circuits
- Assisting in the exploratory part of the superconducting quantum device modeling
- Publishing papers, filing patents, increasing your research network.
What we do for you
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
Who you are
- You hold a PhD in Physics or (Electrical/ nano/physics) engineering or equivalent.
- You are proficient in superconducting matter and quantum computing devices
- We value your deep interest in combining theory, modeling and conceptualizing novel quantum devices.
- Both extensive coding skills as well as up-to-date simulation program experience is considered a plus
- Experience with supervising master and PhD students in the subject matter is an extra asset
- We are looking for your interest in assisting in taking up the lead for exploratory quantum computing devices.
- You are a constructive team player and actively share experience and knowledge with colleagues.
- We appreciate your creativity, persistence and passion for what you do.
- We value your excellent networking and communication skills in English, as you will work in a multicultural environment.
This postdoctoral position is funded by imec through KU Leuven. Because of the specific financing statute which targets international mobility for postdocs, only candidates who did not stay or work/study in Belgium for more than 24 months in the past 3 years can be considered for the position (short stays such as holiday, participation in conferences, etc. are not taken into account).