Postdoctoral Researcher in System-Technology Co-Optimization
What you will do
Imec enjoys a world-class reputation in the development of the most advanced semiconductor technologies, including manufacturing, devices, circuits, building blocks and systems, as well as the application thereof to emerging fields such as advanced communications and computations, wellness and healthcare, smart mobility and smart cities. Specifically, for IC design, imec’s established reputation has been confirmed every year by our extensive presence in top conferences such as ISSCC, RFIC, ESSCIRC, CICC, IEDM, etc.
- Explore the opportunities the most advanced semiconductor technologies offer to emerging systems.
- Evaluate how system properties and metrics influence the technology choices and parameters.
- Develop an exploration environment that can serve both the system and technology communities.
- Drive the top-down and bottom-up evolution of system design taking technology scaling into account.
- Together with the team, bring new ideas, new technical methods based on your solid technical experience.
- Interact with external partners and world-leading universities in the field.
What we do for you
Dependent on your background and domain expertise, you will work with an international research team exploring system-technology co-design and optimization. ln exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join an ambitious organization, with challenges there for the taking. You will also have an impact on shaping future research topics in our newest R&D center located in the center of Berkeley, CA. Imec is a not for profit organization that offers a supportive and collaborative environment with a perfect blend of academic and industry research and development culture. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. We offer competitive compensation packages and robust including medical, dental and vision and 401k with employer match to reward your drive and commitment.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or other relevant discipline with research in the domain of system design modeling, design exploration and optimization, and SOC architecture.
- You have design experience and you have designed in CMOS technology.
- You are familiar with the implementation of computing architectures and/or machine learning.
- Experience in commercial design tools is a very strong plus
- Experience in an industrial context is a strong plus.
- You have experience with design languages such as Verilog, VHDL, Chisel and scripting languages such as Python
- You are willing to think out of the box.
- You can work independently yet in close collaboration with experts from other technical fields.
- You have excellent reporting skills and are able to present technical results and choices clearly and concisely.
- You can easily integrate in an international team working across time zones and cultures.
- You are authorized to work in the US.