Postdoctoral Researcher Integrated electro-optical devices for quantum applications and beyond
What you will do
Quantum information technology promises unique possibilities for Science and Society (Secure communication, Resource Optimization, or Drug Design). Yet, enabling this technology is a monumental task, which requires a large variety of technological advancement to enable low-cost chip-scale quantum technologies. In this post-doctoral project, we will investigate how pushing the limits of electro-optics can help. For instance, connecting cryogenic quantum computing with quantum communication is in strong need of electro-optic devices that go beyond the state-of-the-art.
Your responsibilities within our team are:
- Developing a cryogenic electro-optic device technology:
- Exploring advanced electro-optic materials.
- Pushing the limits of nanofabrication.
- Cointegration of superconductors and photonic circuits.
- Advancing your personal and professional skills to transistion towards an academic career:
- Learning to build up a research group by supporting the grow of our young research group.
- Guiding and co-supervising Master and PhD students.
- Helping to organize and kick-start our cryogenic electro-optic lab.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive scholarship.
Who you are
- You have a PhD in the field of applied physics, nanotechnology or electrical engineering.
- Experience with electro-optics, superconductors or quantum optics is an asset.
- Hands-on experience in designing and fabricating photonic or superconducting circuits is an asset.
- We are looking for a good team player and your ability to work independently
- You have excellent English communication skills to work in imec’s international working environment and enjoy linking research groups and project partners.
This postdoctoral position is funded by imec through KU Leuven. Because of the specific financing statute which targets international mobility for postdocs, only candidates who did not stay or work/study in Belgium for more than 24 months in the past 3 years can be considered for the position (short stays such as holiday, participation in conferences, etc. are not taken into account).