Process Assistant Chemical Mechanical Polishing (CMP)
What you will do
Chemical Mechanical Polishing (CMP) is an enabling technology for the microelectronics industry. CMP uses a chemical formulation that contains abrasive nanoparticles to mechanically polish the wafer to remove unwanted material and planarize its surface. The aim of this position is to strengthen the R&D activities on CMP in advanced Logic, advanced Memory and advanced 3D-stacked IC technologies.
You are member of the CMP team (part of ECAT group) at imec, that is responsible for developing processes for integration in imec’ s CORE and CMORE programs. You work in a team of about 10 people with whom you interact daily.
As a CMP Process Assistant, you will contribute to the R&D activities on the CMP of metals and dielectrics, post-CMP characterization, and validation of the obtained results with state-of-the-art equipment.
More specifically, your tasks include:
- Planning, organizing, performing and first-line reporting on CMP experiments in imec’s clean rooms and labs.
- Planning, organizing, performing and first-line reporting on post-CMP characterization.
- Interfacing with CMP engineers, fab process support and the pilot line.
- Interfacing with assignees of imec partner companies to carry out experiments in joint development projects.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a bachelor’s degree, or equivalent by experience.
- Proven experience in the field of CMP is an asset but not mandatory.
- You will require a strong capability to work independently with a focus on quality.
- You will actively participate in a range of CMP development projects.
- You have good communication skills since you will work in a multicultural team of imec researchers, imec support engineers and operators, and industrial researchers.
- You are a team player with good networking skills. You also possess good reporting skills.
- Since your job consists of a variety of activities, depending on the needs of the imec research programs, a flexible attitude towards your tasks is required.
- Given the international character of imec, good knowledge of (spoken and written) English is a must.