Process Development Technician
miDiagnostics is developing a new generation of disposable tests that require only drops of blood and allow detection of cells, proteins, nucleic acids, and/or small molecules. Its core technology is a novel silicon-based nanofluidic processor that automatically processes the blood sample without the need of pumps or valves. There is no need for complex and costly instrumentation enabling medical decisions to be taken at the point of need or remote areas with a high level of comfort to both patients and caregivers.
You will be part of a dynamic, international and multidisciplinary team that develops a completely new medical diagnostic device to be used at the point of need. As Process Development Technician you will be part of the cartridge team and generate the necessary data and knowledge to make the transition from test prototypes to market ready products.
This entails the following tasks:
- Test and evaluate prototypes and components of a plastic disposable
- Develop and execute test plans and protocols (SOP)
- Analyse and interpret experimental data and present this to a wider team
- Prepare and write technical reports and other relevant documentation
Profile and competences
- You have a BSc or equivalent by experience in a life science related field: (bio)chemistry, (bio)chemistry engineering technology or lab technician
- Must have three years of industrial experience
- Experience in (point-of-care/IVD) medical device product development is considered a plus
- Experience in highly regulated industry, such as pharmaceuticals or medical devices (ISO 13485) is considered a plus
- Experience of DOE is a plus
- Hands-on and resourceful problem solver
- Attention to detail, works in a structured and methodological way is a must
- Excellent communicator
- Fluent in English
- Full-time job at a fast-growing and ambitious start-up in the biotech industry
- We offer you a market competitive salary and benefits package
- miDiagnostics is an international-oriented company with close connections to two world class research institutions (imec and Johns Hopkins University)
- You can further grow in a new and exciting cutting-edge field in point-of-care diagnostics
Please apply by e-mail to email@example.com with reference to this opportunity.