Process Engineer PID Group - Early / Late shifts
IMEC CMORE Technologies department offers companies to develop and fabricate customized specialty microsystems that cannot be produced in standard CMOS technology. The basis of our CMORE fab is an advanced 0.13µm CMOS platform that runs a 24/7 operation. To do this, we have added platforms for processing of various CMOS imagers – hyperspectral, backside illuminated, embedded CCD-, MEMS and NEMS, photonics, and microfluidics chips. We are able to tune our technology to the demands of the customer and develop the technology flow for both prototypes and low-volume production.
What you will do
You will be working in IMEC’s Product Industrialisation and Delivery Group (PID) as a process engineer.
You will be responsible for process module optimisation, characterisation, and technology qualification for new silicon technologies.
The PID Group uses industry standard semiconductor wafer fabrication equipment to produce low volumes of high value niche devices for use in diverse fields and applications:
- SiN and Si photonic devices for telecom providers (Optical transceivers);
- Optical devices for use in life sciences (Sequencing DNA, Detecting viruses and diseases);
- Nano-probes (For detection of electrical brain activity);
- Sensors for industrial purposes (EUV sensors, Electron detectors for use in SEM and TEMS).
- You will define and pro-actively follow up product lots and engineering lots;
- You will support device, process and module optimization;
- You will assist in troubleshooting and solving problems;
- You will team up with other integration engineers to execute the project plan and are co-owner of the project targets;
- You will interpret defectivity monitoring information from patterned wafer inspection systems and disposition material accordingly.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Bachelor or Master’s degree in chemistry, physics or electrical engineering.
- Experience in semiconductor process technology and wafer fabrication is an asset but young graduates are also encouraged to apply.
- You can work in a fast-paced setting, multi-task and prioritize assignments
- You are able to take initiative and work independently, while being part of a team acting as an effective team player.
- You have good communication, computer- and organizational skills
- You take responsibility and ownership
- You are willing to work in early and late shifts covering one weekend per month
- Since you will be working in a highly international environment and will be maintaining a good contact with colleagues and customers, fluency in English is essential.