Memory Process Integration Engineer
What you will do
- You will be working in the imec Memory Process Integration team, leading projects related to Memory development contributing to the R&D program: sustainability, advanced memory technology or to bilateral projects.
- You will analyse, disseminate, and implement integration process flows for logic and memory devices for current and future semiconductor technologies.
- You will lead the construction and verification of databases of process and fab information, working in close collaboration with other integration engineers, process step responsible, and with tool and fab teams, imec partners companies.
- You will work in a team to carry out life-cycle-analysis (LCA) and map out the environmental footprint of these processes.
- You will be responsible for coordination and implementation of new ideas/concepts/flows on wafers in imec’s advanced 300mm FAB.
- You will have to discuss process splits with the characterization and/or process step development engineers, to implement the splits into the process flow and take care of the follow-up of the processing in the imec pilot line.
- You will have to understand impact of process variables on device performance by evaluating in-line and electrical data and guide the development work with these interactions in mind.
- You will improve current maskset specifications, defining design rules, and check them structurally and electrically.
- You will also take a major role in planning and will be required to communicate status and issues to your peers, customers, as well as the leadership team at imec.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD or a master's degree in Engineering or Sciences, preferably combined with 3-5 years relevant industrial experience in semiconductor process technology.
- You are a team player, and still, you can work independently.
- We appreciate your experiences in sustainability, environmental sciences, life cycle analysis.
- Good communication and interaction with the other groups within the CMOST department, as well as with other departments and Fab Operations, is a major requirement for this job.
- Some Background on chemical engineering and material science is a plus.
- You are creative and like taking initiative. You are accountable and can deliver on time.
- You like looking at data, drawing conclusions and propose relevant follow up actions.
- Given the international character of imec, a fluent knowledge of English is necessary.