Process Integration Engineer
What you will do
You will be working in imec’s heterogeneous and implantable (HIT) group as process integration engineer. You will develop and implement novel process flows on 200 and 300 mm wafer fabrication platforms in non-CMOS technologies, such as MEMS, sensors and 3D integration.
Your primary responsibilities:
- Realize and characterize new process ideas/concepts on 200/300mm wafers.
- Process experiments to develop new flows, coordinate unit process and process module developments and follow up lots to achieve functional prototypes.
- Analyze in line and end of line metrology and characterization data to select optimal process steps and conditions; make the link between process conditions and performance of the fabricated chips.
- Work according to agreed timelines and report on progress internally and to external customers.
- Manage time effectively. and prioritize to achieve major milestones.
- Work efficiently in a multidisciplinary environment with engineers and scientists focusing on design, systems and applications aspects
- Communicate and interact effectively with the other groups within imec, e.g.. application groups and fab operations
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will define the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer (http://www.imec-int.com/en/careers#diversity) and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- We are looking for familiarity with process and module step development, ability to work and interface with hardware and process step engineers, capability to build complex integration flows starting from basic process steps, and to follow a strict development plan to realize a series of demonstrators. Good communication skills and experience in collaborating with design, system and application engineers are also required.
- You have a PhD degree in applied science or engineering or a master’s degree with a few years of relevant (industrial) experience, in a similar position.
- We look for deep experience in semiconductor process technology and process flow integration.
- A good understanding of / experience in non-CMOS technologies, such as MEMS, sensors or 3D integration is preferred.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills are required to interface with internal and external customers.
- You are expected to take initiative, propose solutions, and work on your own, while being part of a team
- You are flexible to change between different projects and tasks according to changing priorities.
- Your fluency in English is required to flourish in our international environment.