miDiagnostics is developing a new generation of disposable tests that require only drops of blood and allow detection of cells, proteins, nucleic acids, and/or small molecules. Our core technology is a novel silicon-based nanofluidic processor that automatically processes the blood sample without the need of pumps or valves. miDiagnostics’ passion is to remove the need for complex and costly instrumentation, enabling medical decisions to be taken at the point of need or remote areas with a high level of comfort to both patients and caregivers.
miDiagnostics is looking for a talented and versatile product development engineer to be part of the cartridge development team. The cartridge development team drives the development of the next generation disposable cartridges, one of the key components of the miDIAGNOSTICS point of care diagnostic device. You will be a critical player in the successful transition from test prototypes to market ready products.
Profile and competences
- Master degree in engineering (mechanical engineering, material engineering, biomedical engineering, industrial engineering or equivalent)
- Two to five years of industrial experience in product development, preferably in a medical device/biotech/IVD setting
- Develops new concepts from initial design, organizes early feasibility testing all the way to market validation
- New concept development, prototyping, product design, verification/validation testing including protocol and report writing
- Create and maintain design control related documentation such as risk and usability assessments, user needs, design Inputs, etc. (comply with requirements of design controls and other regulatory bodies)
- Develops and validates test methodologies to evaluate prototypes
- Coordinate with industrial partners and suppliers, and working with them to continuously improve the components and devices
- Take the ownership in specifying, selecting, sourcing and evaluating the necessary materials
- Hands-on and resourceful problem solver who can work independently
- Possess creative analytical skills and excellent troubleshooting
- Consistent delivery of timely, accurate and thorough work products
- Attention to detail, works in a structured and methodological way
- Excellent communicator
- Fluent in English. Dutch is considered a plus
- Full-time job at a fast-growing and ambitious start-up in the biotech industry based in Leuven, Belgium
- Market competitive salary and benefits package
- miDiagnostics is an international-oriented company with close connections to two world class research institutions (imec and Johns Hopkins University)
- You will be part of an international and multidisciplinary team
- You can further grow in a new and exciting cutting-edge field in point-of-care diagnostics
Please apply by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference to this opportunity.