Product Development Scientist
miDiagnostics is developing a new generation of disposable tests that require only drops of blood and allow detection of cells, proteins, nucleic acids, and/or small molecules. Its core technology is a
novel silicon-based nanofluidic processor that automatically processes the blood sample without the need of pumps or valves. There is no need for complex and costly instrumentation enabling medical decisions to be taken at the point of need or remote areas with a high level of comfort to both patients and caregivers.
You will drive the development of the next generation point of care medical diagnostic devices. You will lead the successful transition from test prototypes to market ready products. You will take ownership of generating the necessary data and knowledge to be able to make this transition.
- Design and test prototypes and components of point of care medical diagnostic devices.
- Lead the development and execution of test plans.
- Analyse test results and create the necessary documentation.
- Coordinate with industrial partners and suppliers, and working with them to continuously improve the components and devices.
- Take the ownership in specifying, selecting, sourcing and evaluating the necessary materials.
- Be part of an international and multidisciplinary team.
Profile and competences
- You have a MSc degree or equivalent by experience in: (bio)chemistry engineering technology, bio-medical sciences, chemical engineer, bio-medical engineer, bio-engineer, mechanical engineer or material science
- Two to five years of industrial experience in product development
- Experience in medical (point of care) diagnostics device development is a strong plus
- Experience in prototype design and development working with CAD software packages
- Experience of DOE is a plus
- Experience in statistical data analysis is plus
- Experience in microfluidics is a plus
- Experience in plastics used for point of care medical devices is a plus
- Hands-on and resourceful problem solver is a must
- Attention to detail, works in a structured and methodological way
- Excellent communicator
- Fluent in English. Dutch is considered a plus
- Full-time job at a fast-growing and ambitious start-up in the biotech industry
- Market competitive salary and benefits package
- miDiagnostics is an international-oriented company with close connections to two world class research institutions (imec and Johns Hopkins University)
- You can further grow in a new and exciting cutting-edge field in point-of-care diagnostics
Please apply by e-mail to email@example.com with reference to this opportunity.