MICLEDI is a fabless developer of MicroLED displays for the Augmented Reality (AR) market. Part of the process technology and prototyping is developed in collaboration with Imec and will eventually be transferred to an industrial foundry partner for mass production. Our technology is based on an innovative combination of III/V materials processing, 3D integration and 300mm Si based processing combined with a proprietary ASIC to provide a self contained, compact monolithic AR display.
We are now looking for Product Integration Engineers to strengthen our activities in Leuven (Belgium) and in Dresden (Germany).
What you will do
The main responsibilities of the Product Integration Engineer will be:
- Process transfer, development and overall integration activities with our development/manufacturing partner and its suppliers
- Be the technical module owner for the technology transfer from the development lab to our industrial production foundries
- Enable a fast und successful transfer of our technology to our development/manufacturing partner
- After successful technology transfer supporting the manufacturing partner in its activities of mass production and technology optimization
This role includes:
- Collaborating with foundry process and integration teams to develop and optimize the integration flow including building a detailed understanding of the process and metrology tool requirements.
- Responsibility for developing and introducing the existing POR in a 300mm Si processing environment
- Work with the MICLEDI device engineers to investigate and optimize the impact of the process integration on the electrical/optical device performance.
- Work with the MICLEDI design team to improve mask set specifications, support device scaling activities, implement other device improvements and test the performance in short loop experiments or prototypes.
- Ultimately, you will be responsible for transferring the developed technologies and process flows to our foundry partner and work with them through the entire product life cycle.
- Enable stable processes over the entire POR with cpk > 1,33, well defines control and sec limits
- Fine tuning of existing POR recipes and implementing them via PCRB rules
- Work in tight collaboration with the MICLEDI team to establish best in class subroutines
- Establish together with the unit process engineers of the foundry team work instructions, HSE rules, western electric rules and work instructions by CL- & SL-violations
Who you are
- PhD or master in Science or engineering with a minimum 5 years of relevant industrial experience in semiconductor manufacturing context or a related discipline
- In depth process understanding of and experience with a wide variety of Silicon process technologies such as lithography, etch, deposition (PECVD, ALD, PVD…), CMP, metallization, etc… including related metrology technologies.
- Good knowledge of statistical process control, design of experiments and data analysis
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work in cross functional and geographically dispersed teams, thriving in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with MOCVD processing of III/V materials, or manufacturing based on III/V materials (eg LED, power etc…) is a plus.