Program Manager Cognitive Sensing Solutions
What you will do
As the program manager for Cognitive Sensing Solutions, you lead the roadmap on cognitive radar, and the fusion of radar and camera, to offer new and differentiating non-contact sensing solutions to our industrial partners. In this program, we implement novel use cases on imec’s first-of-a-kind radar ICs, and develop disruptive AI, neural network and self-learning algorithms to solve application level challenges. You identify emerging applications where the imec Cognitive Sensing Solutions can bring breakthrough innovation. It is to be noted that the sensor device design is outside of your responsibility but is led by a colleague program manager with whom you will need close alignment. You will be working at the crossroads of research and business development. It is your challenge to grow this program to a world-class research activity, and to attract leading industrial partners from across the world. The Program Manager leads a cross-site activity including teams in Leuven, Belgium as well as teams in Eindhoven, The Netherlands, and in interaction with experts at Ghent university teams, or other sites.Your responsibilities are:
- Driving the strategy and roadmap definition of your program;
- Transforming the strategic plan into operational plans including staffing and budgeting;
- Reporting to the industrial partners and translating their vision to the internal organization, building and maintaining a strong relation with the partners;
- Systematically capturing, reporting and acting on partner feedback;
- Supporting the business development manager and public funding manager in the creation of business propositions & project proposals;
- Collecting, organizing and distributing technical inputs from partner interactions, conferences and literature; continuously benchmarking the program;
- Achieving quantitative revenue & budget targets.
What we do for you
Imec’s IoT group enjoys a world-class reputation in building advanced communication and sensor systems. We help our industrial partners shorten their time to market and strengthen their product offering as a one-stop-shop for innovative IoT HW and SW solutions. The teams include experts on sensor devices, frontend and baseband IC design, algorithmic design, system integration, AI and neural networking.
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a tremendous drive to make a difference and a passion about innovation;
- You have a Master’s degree in an relevant field and about 10 years of relevant industrial or advanced development experience, working on application level. You have experience with functional requirements;
- You have a strong technical background in one or more technical fields relating to the challenges on Cognitive Sensing Solutions, like radar system design, radar or video signal processing, sensor fusion, applied artificial intelligence and data analytics;
You have experience with creation of value propositions and roadmap definition and demonstrated experience in an R&D-environment;
- You are motivated by deep and frequent contacts with current and future customers, in order to develop a deep understanding of their needs and the value your team should bring. You have a solid interest in, and understanding of, the relevant IoT markets;
- You are a team player who is able to inspire multi-site stakeholders around your vision on Cognitive Sensing Solutions;
- You are ready to travel approximately 5 times per year;
- You have excellent communication skills (in English);
- You either already have the required technical expertise or the clear ambition of acquiring it on the job, to the level that you can independently represent the program internally and externally.
- It is a strong plus if you have experience in a business (management) position where you demonstrated sales skills.
- It is a strong plus if you have an international network of companies, research institutes and/or academia.