Program Manager Display Innovations
What you will do
Imec’s Large-Area Electronics department is developing an array of sensing and actuation technology platforms using flat-panel display technologies and processes. To further drive innovations in display technologies and enable new applications, we are currently looking for an R&D Program Manager Display Innovations.
As program manager, you will be responsible for establishing the program roadmap and grow the project portfolio. You will also have project management responsibility, ensuring timely execution and delivery, and highest level of customer satisfaction. You will work closely with our business development team in clearly defining the program offerings, creating visibility and attracting new customers. You will also partner with our public funded project team and technical experts to ensure a healthy pipeline of longer-term innovations through funded projects. Your role will be crucial to interface between customers and internal technical, business, legal and IP teams.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Setting the vision and roadmap for the “Display Innovations” program based on industry feedback, understanding technology and market trends and by continuously benchmarking the program offerings with respect to the state of the art;
- Formulating technology roadmap and strategy to enable customer’s product vision for increased interactivity of mobile displays and increased performance of microLED displays;
- Working with top engineers and scientists to prove new technology and product concepts in imec’s R&D labs and to transfer technologies for volume manufacturing at our industrial partners;
- Working with business teams to grow program revenues, monetize developed IP and secure funding for new developments;
- Reaching out to prospective customers, understanding their needs and matching them to program offerings;
- Managing and leading customer proposal preparations as well as negotiating contracts and IP;
- Managing the project portfolio and following up on the program workplan.
- Leading projects with cross-functional teams at different locations and with international customers. Ensuring timely deliveries within budget with high quality standards to guarantee partner satisfaction;
- Writing and coordinating public funded projects to fuel longer term innovation;
- Marketing your offerings: writing press announcements, presenting at conferences, showcasing prototypes and demonstrators in exhibitions.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
You have a broad background and technical expertise in the field of display technologies, in particular in the field of flat-panel displays, microLED displays and display optics. You have good understanding of the display ecosystem and its value chain. You can understand the opto-electronics, processing, testing and system integration aspects of displays. You have solid experience in planning and executing R&D projects. You have relevant experience in roadmap definition. Although you are a solid planner, you can also handle uncertainties because you recognize that innovation requires operational flexibility. You are motivated by deep and frequent contacts with current and future customers. You can convincingly present the program contents internally and externally.
To qualify for this challenging position, you:
- Have a profound technical background in the field of displays, preferably in the field of microLED displays, AMOLED backplanes, optics and/or display design and demonstrate solid understanding of the corresponding markets;
- Have about 10 years of relevant experience; Experience in an R&D management role or a business (management) position is a plus;
- Have about 5 years of relevant project management experience. You are organized and you can structure a complex multi-partner project; Experience in writing public-funded projects is a plus.
- Have a relevant international network in companies, research institutes and/or academia; Previous experience in display industry is a plus; Previous experience of working in Asia or with Asian companies is a plus;
- Have excellent command of English and communication skills, that you will use to interface with internal and external customers;
- Enjoy working in multi-disciplinary and cross-cultural teams;
- Are ready to travel to customers, project meetings, conferences and exhibitions.