Program Manager Nano-Imprint Lithography
What you will do
Imec’s Large-Area Electronics department is developing thin-film electronics technologies and solutions on glass, silicon and flexible plastic substrates for integration into tomorrow’s displays, imagers and life science applications. By integrating optics, thin film MEMS devices or thin film sensors we intend to create surfaces that can touch, identify, manage light, heat or flows.
In this growing R&D activity, we are currently looking for an R&D program manager to lead our nano-imprint lithography activity.
As program manager you will have the responsibility to manage the research roadmap and grow the project portfolio. Furthermore, you will also have project management responsibility. You will actively engage with customers (from public and private sectors) to understand the needs. You will capture the trends and future industry needs, that will be used to update our research roadmap. You will work closely together with the business development manager and public funded project manager to maintain a clear offering in R&D projects, and you will continuously scout for new partners, ensuring a solid future revenue stream. You will be the communication channel to customers, and you will be responsible for timely execution and delivery in projects.
Your responsibilities are:
- Set the vision and roadmap for the nano-imprint lithography program by intake of feedback from industry and understanding of future markets; continuously benchmark the program with respect to the state of the art;
- Formulate product development vision, roadmap and strategy for optical elements by nano-imprint lithography and for nano-imprint materials;
- Work with top engineers and scientists to prove new products and technologies in imec’s prototyping labs;
- Work with business teams to grow program revenues, monetize developed IP and secure funding for new developments. Explain innovation to prospective customers, negotiate project proposals;
- Manage the project portfolio and follow up on the program workplan. Systematically capture feedback of our customers;
- Lead projects with cross-functional teams in different locations and international customers. Ensure timely deliveries within budget with high quality standards to guarantee partner satisfaction;
- Write and coordinate public funded projects to fuel longer term innovation;
- Market your products and technologies: write press announcements, present at conferences, showcase prototypes and demonstrators in exhibitions.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
You have a broad view and good technical understanding of nano-imprint lithography, in particular of nano-imprint materials and in the application field of optics and optical elements.
You have solid experience in planning and executing R&D projects. You have relevant experience in roadmap definition. You are a solid planner, but you recognize that in reality, R&D projects requires flexibility in the execution of the plans. You are motivated by deep and frequent contacts with current and future customers. You can convincingly present the program contents internally and externally.
To qualify for this challenging position, you:
- Are passionate about innovation and can come up with new product ideas
- Have a PhD degree (minimum a Master’s degree) or equivalent experience in Electronics Engineering or Nano-science/nano-technology
- Have a technical background in the field of nano-imprint lithography and demonstrate solid understanding of the corresponding materials and optics markets
- Have about 10 years of relevant experience; Experience in an R&D management role or a business (management) position is a plus
- Have about 5 years of relevant project management experience. You are organized and you can structure a complex multi-partner project; Experience in writing public-funded projects is a plus
- Have excellent communication skills, that you will use to interface with internal and external customers
- Have a relevant international network in companies, research institutes and/or academia
- Demonstrate a clear sense of ownership with a strong drive for growing your program revenues
- Have excellent command of English
- Enjoy working in multi-disciplinary and cross-cultural teams
- Are ready to travel abroad approximately 4 times per year