Program Manager Security and Privacy
imec’s security and privacy programIn close collaboration with the world-renowned research teams Cosic and DistriNet at the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (KU Leuven), imec offers a multi-disciplinary security and privacy program to industry that bridges process technology, security, privacy and application knowledge. K.U. Leuven obtained a strong international track record in fundamental, strategic and applied R&D in the domain of Security and Privacy. Ongoing research and development covers for example most facets of a technology stack ranging from hardware, system software, application software and middleware, as well as languages, tools and technologies to support the development, deployment and assessment of ICT solutions that support and embed innovative security and privacy solutions. Previous and famous achievements have been generous by the research groups COSIC at the Department of Electrical Engineering, and DistriNet at the department of Computer Science.
What you will do
- As business liaison manager, you will contribute to the technical sales of the security and privacy offering towards the companies within the imec eco-system of process technology, electronic design and application houses in the life sciences, mobility, industrial manufacturing, infotainment, connectivity, education and energy markets. Jointly with the business development manager, you will develop the go-to-market strategy, develop the sales slide deck, and define concrete offerings to advance from contact to contract.
- You are the technical single point of contact (SPOC) for the customer during project execution. You monitor customer satisfaction, lead the technical project follow-up meetings.
- You bring back the technical feedback and feature change requests from the customer to the technical teams.
- You interface directly with the technical leadership who determines the research roadmap. You translate this roadmap into a technical sales approach. You actively collect and interpret customer needs and suggest features to the technical leadership and you propose modifications to the program strategy and execution.
- You scout within imec and the security and privacy teams for multidisciplinary opportunities to offer disruptive solutions to industry maximally leveraging imec’s unique position in process technology and its industrial traction in application fields like life sciences, mobility, industrial manufacturing, infotainment, connectivity, education and energy. For example, employing the increasing variability of advanced scaled process technology, improved true random number generators and physically unclonable function building blocks can be devised to increase cryptographic security.
- For promising research assets, you bring the security and privacy technical teams in contact with the appropriate teams within imec, to jointly assess the market potential and develop a go-to-market strategy.
- You report to the Vice-President Digital and User Centric Solutions.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a broad technical understanding of hardware and software (cyber)security, privacy, cryptography without being a deep technical expert in all of these fields.
- You have the technical background necessary to quickly spot opportunities for multidisciplinary offerings in hardware, software and industrial applications in smart health, mobility, energy, infotainment, manufacturing, education, connectivity, …
- You are a team player.
- You feel at ease both in an industrial as well as in an academic environment.
- You are business impact oriented.