Program Manager Thin Film Sensors and Circuits
What you will do
Imec’s Large Area Electronics department is developing electronics, in particular thin-film electronics, on flexible plastic substrates for integration into tomorrow’s flexible displays, imagers and biomedical applications. In this growing R&D activity, we are currently looking for a program manager thin film sensors and circuits.
As program manager you will have a three-fold role: roadmap definition, project management and support of business development. For the definition of the program roadmap, you will actively reach out to customers to understand the market needs and capture the trends and future industry needs, report back to the team and develop the imec research roadmap with our experts. As lead project manager, you will be the communication channel to the customer, and you will be responsible for the execution of projects and drive the team towards timely delivery of milestones and deliverables within budget. To develop the business, you will work closely together with the business development manager and public funded project manager to maintain a clear offering and you will continuously scout for new partners ensuring a solid future revenue stream.
Your responsibilities are:
- Formulate product development vision, roadmap and strategy for thin-film sensors and circuits;
- Work with top engineers and scientists to prove new products and technologies in imec’s prototyping labs, transfer technologies to volume manufacturing at our industrial partners;
- Work with business teams to grow program revenues, monetize developed IP and secure funding for new developments. Explain innovation to prospective customers, negotiate project proposals with upper-level management;
- Lead projects with cross-functional teams in different locations and overseas customers. Ensure timely deliveries within budget with high quality standards to guarantee partner satisfaction;
- Write and coordinate public funded projects to fuel longer term innovation;
- Market your products and technologies: write press announcements, present at conferences, showcase prototypes and demonstrators in exhibitions.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
You have solid experience in planning and executing R&D projects. You have relevant experience in at least two aspects of the job (roadmap definition, project management, business development) and you are eager to complete your expertise on the job. You already have the required technical expertise or you have the clear ambition of acquiring it on the job, to the level that you can independently represent the program internally and externally. You are a solid planner, but you recognize that reality of R&D projects requires flexibility in the execution of the plans. You are motivated by deep and frequent contacts with current and future customers, in order to develop a deep understanding of their needs and the value your team should bring.
To qualify for this challenging position, you:
- Are passionate about innovation and can come up with new product ideas. You demonstrate a clear sense of ownership with a strong drive for growing your program revenues;
- Have product development background in IoT hardware, preferably in the space of wireless or wearable sensors (Bluetooth, RFID, NFC) and/or ASIC design;
- Have experience participating in large consortia projects (e.g. Horizon 2020). You are organized and you can structure a complex multi-partner project;
- Have a relevant international network of companies, research institutes and/or academia;
- Have excellent command of English and communication skills, that you will use to interface with internal and external customers;
- Enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary and cross-cultural teams;
- Are ready to travel to customers, project meetings, conferences and exhibitions.