Project Engineer for ASIC Assembly
What you will do
As a project engineer for integrated circuit (ASIC) assembly within imec IC link you act as the technical support interface between our international customers and our assembly partners. You take up responsibility for the full project management including planning, package selection, package development of our customer’s integrated circuits. You should have knowledge of silicon photonics packaging, and experience in signal integrity simulations (ANSYS) and S-parameters extraction.
You will be responsible for:
- The definition and overall planning of the different project stages.
- Setting up the ASIC assembly with the assembly house and selecting the package type with the assembly houses.
- Discussing the ASIC prototype-to-production volume ramp plan with the customer.
- Organizing volume production after the volume ramp phase. You propose cost improvement plans such as different packaging options together with the customer and assembly house.
- Attending regular training courses to master the newest technologies related to the most advanced packaging methods.
What we do for you
For more than 30 years, imec has been offering a prototype and production service to worldwide companies. Imec helps the customers to design their integrated circuits (chips) and bring them from the prototype to the production phase. Imec provides specialized technical advice and services on design level, assembly and test. Our list of customers includes more than 900 universities and companies worldwide. Imec IC-link, as part of imec, has an extensive industrial experience, contacts with leading industrial foundries, and long-standing relationships with all the main EDA tool vendors and IP providers. This unit supports worldwide customers in the layout, prototype, fabrication and test of advanced electronic products. In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Master’s or a PhD degree in Electronics, preferably with 2 to 7 years of relevant experience in the areas of ASIC assembly and signal integrity and simulation.
- You have experience in project-based work.
- You are pro-active and customer focused, like to take initiatives and are very motivated to work within a team of engineers.
- A good knowledge of English is mandatory.
- You are willing to travel on a regular basis (1week/month) to our sub-contractors.