Senior Project Leader Sensors & Actuators
What you will do
Within imec’s Sensor and Actuator Technology department we are looking for a senior project leader who can lead large, multidisciplinary projects.
The current assignment is to lead a project on Large Area Ultrasound technology. For this project we work with multiple customers driving the technology requirements. In addition, we are working with multiple partners in the supply chain of Flat-Panel Displays, in order to bring our imec technology platform to manufacturing maturity.
Your responsibilities are:
- Lead this development project to successful completion
- Manage all stakeholders: customers, manufacturers, imec internal
- Assemble and steer a team of technical specialists across multiple domains
- Manage external suppliers
- Manage the resources of your project
- Write, together with the technical experts, new development project proposals
- Coach and guide team members and junior project leaders
- Actively contribute the departments’ continuous improvement activities related to project management
- Risk management
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
You are a team player and have experience with running larger development. You are passionate about technology development and are motivated by new challenges. You have a technical background in the field of sensing & actuation technologies and demonstrate solid technical understanding of the application domains. You benchmark your work with state-of-the-art and explore new methodologies that go beyond today’s solutions.
To qualify for this challenging position, you:
- Have a PhD or Masters degree in Physics, Mechanics or Electrical Engineering with several years of relevant experience in MEMS and project lead.
- You have proven experience in
- Project lead of complex projects
- MEMS systems
- You have experience in project writing. You are organized and you can structure a complex project.
- You have excellent communication skills, that you will use to interface with internal and external customers
- You can work according to agreed customer timelines and manage time efficiently according to strict project schedules
- You take initiative and can work on your own, while being part of a team.
- You are result-driven and flexible to meet stringent deadlines with quality output