Python Data Engineer - Photonic Devices (Freelancer - temporary assignment)
- Create an architecture that allows collaboration between different scientific profiles.
- Set up and maintain continuous integration to automate testing and ensure software quality.
- Coach and mentor, the scientific team to improve existing self-owned python packages.
- Automate tasks and setup chains using doit.
Required knowledge and skills
- Demonstrated experience with python package development.
- Strong experience with version control tools such as Git, continuous integration tool, automated testing frameworks such as PyTest and automation using doit.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with other teams and stakeholders.
- Experience with photonic device simulation and modelling, including experience with tools such as Lumerical, COMSOL, and others is a plus.
Duration of the assignment and work regime
- This assignment is currently foreseen for 6 months, on a fulltime basis (5 days/week, 40 hours).
- Depending on the course of the assignment an extension of another 6 months is possible.
Desired start date
We provide the flexibility to work both from our office premises and remotely from home. This to maintain a healthy work-life balance while being an integral part of our team and take up this opportunity to undertake this challenging assignment.
*For this temporary position, you can apply as a candidate or as an independent consultant. As a candidate, you are willing to work through a temporary employment agency. Consultant agencies that wish to present a candidate should first reach out to Flexforce.
*Voor deze tijdelijke positie kan je solliciteren als kandidaat of als zelfstandige consultant. Als kandidaat ben je bereid te werken via een uitzendkantoor. Kantoren die een kandidaat wensen voor te stellen dienen eerst contact op te nemen met Flexforce.