R&D Engineer EUV Lithography Tools
What you will do
The Advanced Patterning Department is exploring, developing and optimizing advanced lithography/patterning solutions to enable the chip scaling roadmaps. One of the key technologies is EUV (extreme-ultraviolet) lithography, which is made possible by the most advanced equipment from imec’s strategic partner ASML through the Advanced Patterning Center. This APC is a joint initiative launched by imec and ASML to address the upcoming scaling challenges associated with the chip industry’s move towards single digit nanometer dimensions. Within this context, imec is looking for a R&D Engineer EUV Lithography Tools.
You will run and lead projects, and become an expert on one of the key technologies for future chip manufacturing. In doing so, you will:
- characterize and follow up on the performance of our EUV patterning cluster.
- perform hands-on tasks on the EUV cluster and the advanced metrology toolset in the cleanroom.
- lead EUV exposure tool assessment and control projects.
- follow the industry scaling trends and align the process improvement projects with the industry needs.
- become our expert to support ongoing projects with various tool partners.
- share your knowledge and results with ASML and the other imec partners. You do this by giving high quality training and presentations and by drawing up regular reports.
What we do for you
We are pleased to offer you the opportunity to join our multicultural and high-tech company in Leuven, Belgium. In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you can get a challenging job in an environment were even more challenges are for the taking. We are proud of our flexible, progressive and informal working environment with a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We can provide you an opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in your further development to assure your technical and personal growth. We are aware that your valuable contribution and the one of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits. If you need to move from abroad, we also provide relocation support for you and your family.
Who you are
- We appreciate your Ph. D. degree (or equivalent through experience) in engineering, nano-technology and/or materials science
- We really need your expertise and experience in advanced (193 nm or EUV) lithography.
- We are looking for the team player in you, and we would like you to share your experience and knowledge with your future colleagues.
- We welcome your willingness to take ownership and your analytical skills and capability to think out of the box.
- We need you to work in a structured, transparent and accurate way and to communicate well in English, as you will collaborate in a multicultural team and interact closely with our partners.