R&D Engineer PID Group
IMEC CMORE Technologies department offers companies to develop and fabricate customized specialty microsystems that cannot be produced in standard CMOS technology. The basis of our CMORE fab is an advanced 0.13µm CMOS platform that runs a 24/7 operation. To do this, we have added platforms for processing of various CMOS imagers – hyperspectral, backside illuminated, embedded CCD-, MEMS and NEMS, photonics, and microfluidics chips. We are able to tune our technology to the demands of the customer and develop the technology flow for both prototypes and low-volume production.
What you will do
You will be working in IMEC’s Product Industrialisation and Delivery Group (PID) as a process integration engineer.
You will be responsible for process module optimisation, characterisation, and technology qualification for new silicon technologies.
The PID Group uses industry standard semiconductor wafer fabrication equipment to produce low volumes of high value niche devices for use in diverse fields and applications:
- SiN and Si photonic devices for telecom providers (Optical transceivers);
- Optical devices for use in life sciences (Sequencing DNA, Detecting viruses and diseases);
- Nano-probes (For detection of electrical brain activity);
- Sensors for industrial purposes (EUV sensors, Electron detectors for use in SEM and TEMS).
- Create technology process flows with process specifications;
- Drive device, process and module optimization;
- Execute the project plan;
- Improve process quality and yield of technologies released for low volume manufacturing;
- Using integration knowledge, analysis of in-line and electrical and optical test data to trouble-shoot problems and lead x-functional teams towards solutions;
- Design statistical experiments and analyse results to optimize device architecture and/or process modules;
- Communicate project progress regularly to the customers.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Master’s or a PhD, in chemistry, physics or engineering.
- Experience in semiconductor process technology and wafer fabrication is an asset.
- A good understanding or/ experience (familiarity) with electrical and optical test structures is desirable.
- You are able to take initiative and work independently, while being part of a team acting as an effective team player.
- You are self-confident in front of the customer.
- You are well organised and a good planner.
- You possess proven problem solving skills and have a pro-active attitude.
- Since you will be working in a highly international environment and will be maintaining a good contact with colleagues and customers, fluency in English is essential.