R&D SIMS Engineer
What you will do
The composition analysis team provides imec-wide support in materials characterization by means of secondary ion mass spectrometry (SIMS) using both Magnetic Sector (MS-SIMS) and Time-of-Flight (ToF-SIMS) instruments. As R&D SIMS engineer, you will be responsible of the daily MS-SIMS measurements to support the fab demand, the different R&D activities within imec and the PhD student works. You will also be responsible of several R&D activities within the team such as developing new internal SIMS references, optimizing MS-SIMS analysis conditions for specific requests, optimizing the MS-SIMS instrument, ....
- You are responsible of the daily MS-SIMS analysis.
- You contribute and oversee the execution, interpretation, and reporting of MS-SIMS analyses, and you advise internal and external customers.
You investigate methods and/or develop the instrument to achieve a better accuracy, mass- and depth resolution, depth sensitivity, and you develop methods to characterize low-dimensional nanostructures (e.g. FinFETS).
- You document best practices and provide training to the team members.
- You contribute to the creation of a long-term vision and strategy for the group.
- You contribute to deliverables of funded research projects and programs.
- You contribute to internal conferences/workshops, generate patents and publish in international journals.
- You mentor Master internship students and PhD students.
The work will consist of experimental work, data analysis and interpretation, interaction with imec engineers/researchers, and of literature studies. As part of the Materials and Component Analysis (MCA) department, it is expected that you gain knowledge in other characterization methods in the MCA department and in the fab, and that you correlate your results to other characterization methods and to the advanced process and device technology.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD in Physics or Master of Science/Master in Engineering with several years of relevant experience.
- You have extensive experienced in MS-SIMS using the SC-Ultra or WF-Ultra platforms.
- You have strong analytical skills and intellectually creativity.
- Experienced in materials characterization, both experimental and theoretical, is highly valued.