R&D Assistant Quantum Dots Thin Film Devices
What you will do
Imec’s Sensors and Actuators Technologies department is developing electronics on various substrates for integration into tomorrow’s displays, imagers, and biomedical applications. In this growing R&D activity, we are currently looking for an R&D assistant to support our quantum dot thin film photodetectors developments. For this challenging task, we are looking for a candidate that will actively participate in the processing of these novel devices and will support our R&D activity in the field. The candidate must be an enthusiastic and motivated person with good technical skills to operate lab equipment and to learn new cleanroom processing steps.
As R&D assistant in this team, your main tasks will be:
- Perform experiments in the lab on your own, using tools like spin-coating, physical or chemical vapor deposition and atomic-layer deposition.
- Assist in the execution of experiments and simulations, support experimental work under supervision or guidance of researchers and PhD students.
- Collect and analyze scientific and statistical data leading to valid conclusions. Accurately and vividly report on results and conclusions.
- Answer questions of researchers/engineers regarding test results and experiments.
- Take responsibility over measurement techniques/tools and provide training of researchers/engineers when needed.
- Participate in discussions with researchers/engineers about the techniques to use for the above experiments.
- Write or adapt recipes.
- Photolithographic patterning of the deposited layers.
- Physical and optical characterization of the deposited layers and realized devices.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Masters' degree or higher in physics, chemistry, electrical engineering, material engineering or equivalent.
- Experience with processing of nano particles based thin film layers – a must
- Experience with thin film analysis – Electro-optical, microscopical and morphological – a must
- Experience with solar cells, thin film photodetectors, thin film LEDs – a great plus
- Experience with patterning processes – a plus.
- You like working within a team and can schedule your work according to deadlines and deliverables.
- You are creative and like to solve problems.
- You work neatly and effectively and can clearly communicate and report results and ideas
- You are flexible to accept new tasks according to the team demands
- Given the international character of imec, a good knowledge of English is mandatory.