R&D engineer electrochemical characterization and screening of solid-state electrolytes
What you will do
You will be part of imec’s energy department in which you will take an active role in the development of next-generation conversion and storage technologies. More specifically, you will be part of the research group working on novel (nano-structured) materials and innovative integration approaches for application in H2-electrolysers and solid-state lithium cells. Key for the development of these technologies is the establishment of a platform for electrical and electrochemical characterizations of solid-state electrolytes. Not only do you need to understand the material’s requirements and their integration challenges in order to define the proper measurement methodology, the platform will also dynamically grow with the technology. Collaboration with peer researchers in- and outside the team (e.g. in the framework of strategic collaborations with other research institutes, universities and/or industry) will in this regards be essential. Giving the explorative character of the work, custom build infrastructure is required, unless commercial solutions are available. Besides the electrical and electrochemical characterization, imec’s state-of-the-art characterization facilities will be to your disposal whenever applicable.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
We are looking for candidates who have throughout experience with electrical and electrochemical characterization of solid-state electrolytes. Experience with lithium(-ion), electrolyser of fuel cell technology is a plus, but not mandatory. Furthermore, you are a self-motivated person, who seizes opportunities and is enthused by new challenges.
- You have a PhD degree in science of engineering or 4+ years of relevant experience
- You have excellent knowledge of electrochemistry and/or electrical characterization
- Experience in material synthesis is a plus
- You are knowledgeable on electrolyte technology
- You take initiative and work independently, while being part of a team.
- You can guide and motivate team members in their work
- You can plan the work of a team according to deadlines and deliverables
- You are creative and like to think with the team to solve problems
- You are result-driven and can meet stringent deadlines with quality output.
- You are flexible to accept new challenges in the future, and to evolve together with the changing R&D demands of our high-tech environment
The imec environment requires a good team player with competent communication and reporting skills. Given the international character of imec an impeccable knowledge of English is mandatory.